Surround Compressor Main Parameters
The Surround Compressor’s Main section provides the following parameters:
• Ratio knob and field: Sets the ratio of signal reduction when the threshold is exceeded.
• Knee knob and field: Determines the ratio of compression at levels close to the threshold.
• Attack knob and field: Sets the amount of time it takes to reach full compression, after
the signal exceeds the threshold.
• Release knob and field: Sets the amount of time it takes to return to 0 compression,
after the signal falls below the threshold.
• Auto button: When the Auto button is enabled, the release time dynamically adjusts
to the audio material.
• Limiter button: Turns limiting for the main channels on or off.
• Threshold knob and field: Sets the threshold for the limiter on the main channels.
• Main Compressor Threshold sliders and fields: Set the threshold level for each
channel—including the LFE channel, which also has independent controls.
• Main Output Levels sliders and fields: Set the output level for each channel—including
the LFE channel, which has independent controls.