Editing Delay Designer Taps with the Shortcut Menu
Control-click (or right-click) a tap in Delay Designer’s Tap display to open a shortcut menu
containing the following commands:
• Copy sound parameters: Copies all parameters (except the delay time) of the selected
tap or taps into the Clipboard.
• Paste sound parameters: Pastes the tap parameters from the Clipboard into the selected
tap or taps. If there are more taps in the Clipboard than are selected in the Tap display,
the extra taps in the Clipboard are ignored.
• Reset sound parameters to default values: Resets all parameters of all selected taps (except
the delay time) to the default values.
• 2 x delay time: Doubles the delay time of all selected taps. For example, the delay times
of three taps are set as follows: Tap A = 250 ms, Tap B = 500 ms, Tap C = 750 ms. If you
select these three taps and choose the “2 x delay time” shortcut menu command, the
taps will be changed as follows: Tap A = 500 ms, Tap B = 1000 ms, Tap C = 1500 ms.
In other words, a rhythmic delay pattern will unfold half as fast. (In musical terms, it
will be played in half time.)
• 1/2 x delay time: Halves the delay time of all selected taps. Using the example above,
use of the “1/2 x delay time” shortcut menu command changes the taps as follows: Tap A
= 125 ms, Tap B = 250 ms, Tap C = 375 ms. In other words, a rhythmic delay pattern
will unfold twice as fast. (In musical terms, it will be played in double time.)
• Delete tap(s): Deletes all selected taps.